Paldor Peak 5,896m is located in the range of Ganesh Himal just northwest of Katmandu. The Paldor peak was climbed first time by Bill Tilman (Pioneer British explorer in the Himalayas) in 1949. North East, South East, West and South West Ridge are normal climbing routes to the summit. The high camp is set far from the summit and another high camp is set just before four hours climb to summit. A long day takes to climb the summit. The views are great of Mt. Machhapuchhre in the Annapurna range, all the way to the peaks of the Khumbu region along with the Mt. Shisapangma and the brown hills of Tibet. Descent is made on the same route and takes about 12 days of entire climbing.
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu airport.
You'll be met at the airport by our representative and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Half day guided sightseeing tour.
Afternoon, meet the guide/trip briefing and final preparation of the trek.
Day 03: Kathmandu - Syabrubensi 1740m 9hr drive.
Drive to through a narrow road to tirsuli and uphill drive to Kalikasthan and further Dhunche an attractive village with large stone houses the further down to Syabrubensi.
Day 04: Syabrubensi - Samdung.
Trek to Samsung village through typical local villages and beautiful landscape.
Day 05: Samsung – Getting.
Trek through local settlement enjoying the scenery and mountain views.
Day 06: Getting – Jastakhani.
Trek up hills through the alpine and rhododendron forest and reach to the base camp of Paldor peak.
Day 07: Jastakhani – Paldor peak BC.
Trek through a wild and dry section but great mountain views to the north-east then reach to base camp and set the tents.
Day 08: Base Camp – High Camp.
Climb to high camp passing a difficult rocky section and reach to the high camp.
Day 09: High Camp – Summit – BC.
Climb with the excitement of summit attempt though have to cross some hard glacier section before the summit. Finally, get to the top of the peak and enjoy the success then descent to base camp.
Day 10: BC – Jastakhani.
Trek back to Jastakhani via the same route.
Day 11: Jastakhani – Getting.
Trek through the same trail and reach to Getting village.
Day 12: Healing – Samdung.
Again trek via the same route and reach to Samdung village.
Day 13: Samdung – Syabrubensi.
The trail descends with views of River down and the village of Syabrubensi and enjoys the hot shower.
Day 14: Syabrubensi - Kathmandu.
Drive to Trishul then to Kakani with views of Gheng, Langtang Lirung, and Ganesh Himal. From Kakani, it is about 3 hrs drive to get to the Kathmandu.
Day 15: Kathmandu.
A full day sightseeing tour in the Kathmandu Valley. Evening Join the farewell dinner with live Nepali cultural program hosted by the company.
Day 16: Departure.
If you have time and are interested in other adventures like white water rating, wildlife safari or any other activities can extend your holiday or transfer to the airport and fly back to sweet home.
- We try to make free of tension our clients from arranging the necessary things and include as much as possible while in Nepal and let you just to enjoy the holiday.
- Airport transfers.
- 2-3 star category hotel with breakfast in Kathmandu.
- Guided city tour by private vehicles and entrance fees.
- Best available hotel/tent camp and all meals during the trek/climb.
- Down jacket, 4 seasonal sleeping bag & group mountaineering gears.
- First Aid and Eco trained English speaking trek leader/guide and sherpa, porters and other necessary staffs.
- All necessary paper works, peak and entrance permits and other logistics work.
- Travel & Rescue arrangements support.
- Portable Altitudes Chamber (PAC) for safety measures at an extra cost if required.
- All government and local taxes.
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag.
- Staffs insurance and other facilities.
- Welcome or farewell dinner.
- Entry visa fees and International airfare.
- Lunch/dinner in Kathmandu.
- Personal mountaineering gears and other equipment.
- Personal expenses e.g. phone calls, laundry, bar bills & extra porters.
- Travel/medical and rescue insurance.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extend.
- Tips for guide and other staffs.
Down sleeping bag, down jacket/trouser
Climbing boot double best company
Ice-axe with ice hammer, crampons
Harness, get up, snow glass, slings
Main rope, Ice crew, sable small, mattress,
Carabiners, helmet, pulleys and ascenders
Wind proof jacket & trouser, water bottle
Down and wind proof trouser, nuts, camp device
Woolen glove, wind mask, Shocks, medicine, eight finger, knife
Fixed rope, main rope, medicine
Oxygen, mask and regulator
Climbing tents, food, fuel, light