This trek visits the thriving Gurung settlement of Ghandruk, where many ex-Gurkha soldiers run cozy lodges. It winds through the magical rhododendron forest that inspired the setting for the Hobbit trilogy. At Ghorepani, the ridgeline trail meets a major trade route, plied by donkey trains carrying loads north toward Tibet. An early morning climb up to Poon Hill (3,200m/ 10,500ft) rewards you with panoramic views of the Annapurnas, Machhapuchhre (Fishtail Peak), and Dhaulagiri. During spring, rhododendron trees are ablaze with red, pink and ivory blossoms.
Day 1: Welcome to Kathmandu.
Arrive at Kathmandu airport; you will be met by the staff from our agency then transfer to Hotel.
Day 2: Kathmandu - Pokhara.
Transferred by tourist bus for about 6 -hour to Pokhara, a beautiful town set on the banks of the Phewa Lake. The rest of the day is yours to enjoy either doing last minute shopping for the trek or packing your kitty bag for the following day's departure.
Day 3: Pokhara - Birethanti – Ulleri 2070m.
Drive an hour to Birethanti and start trekking through the lush, green Modi river valley, past waterfalls with plunge pools. After crossing the bridge ascend so the staircase to Magar village of Ulleri where you will be rewarded with breathtaking views of the Annapurna South and Hiunchuli.
Day 4: Ulleri - Ghorepani.
A gentle climb through pasture and cultivated fields. As the trail climbs higher, you walk up beside the cascading river through refreshingly cool oak and rhododendron forest to Ghorepani (2840m.)
Day 5: Ghorepani – Tadapani 2540m.
Early morning climb to the Poonhill and enjoy a sunrise over the peaks and magnificent mountain panoramic view. A short ascend to Deurali pass and further Tadapani through dense moss-covered forest rich with the bird.
Day 6: Tadapani - Ghandrung 1940 6hrs trek.
The trail descends steeply through the da sense damp forest, where you may see monkeys, and continues down over a series of rock-cut steps that follow a leaping stream. Arrive in Ghandrung and explore the maze-like streets of this thriving Gurung settlement.
Day 7: Ghandrung - Pokhara.
An easy short walk to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara.
Day 8: Pokhara – Kathmandu 6hrs drive.
Early morning start driving to Kathmandu through beautiful countryside scenery. Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel. evening Join the farewell dinner with live Nepali cultural program hosted by the company.
Day 9: Departure.
If you have time and are interested in other adventures like white water rating, wildlife safari or any other activities can extend your holiday or transfer to airport and fly back to sweet home.
- Arrival/departure transfers.
- Tourist Standard hotels with breakfast in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- Lodge accommodations and all meals during the trek, down jacket, sleeping bag.
- Cost for a First Aid and Eco trained English speaking guide and Porter.
- Emergency rescue arrangements, medical kit bag.
- All necessary paper works and trekking /entry permits.
- All government and local taxes where applicable.
- Welcome or farewell dinner.
- International airfare and Nepal visa fee.
- Lunch/dinner in Kathmandu.
- Emergency rescue and medical expenses.
- Personal expenses e.g. phone calls, laundry, bar bills personal porters.
- Tips for the trekking crew.
- Other optional trips/activities and sightseeing if required.